Thursday, March 17, 2005

I'll Have a Lawn Again

I saw a web site today on songs about physics. I especially liked the one to the tune of "Deck the Halls" about a guy falling out of a plane, somewhere over south Maine. Not to be outdone, I quickly wrote & sent them a song I called "The Clearness of You" inspired by an especially articulate engineering instructor from my college days.

I call this song "I'll Have a Lawn Again." It's based on Sammy Hagar's "I'll Fall in Love Again."

You do what you want to do
I’ll leave it all up to you
In time, I’ll have a lawn again
A green lawn growin brown
Aeration should have turned this thing around
Looks like, I’ve been fooled again

Chorus:
Oh but it’s all right with me now
I’ll get it back somehow
And with a little rain I’m bound to win
And I’ll have a lawn again
I’ll have a lawn again


And you’re always sitting inside
Even dandelions start to die
I’ll have to water just at night
So I guess I think I’ve got it made
Oh but then I guess I’ll be afraid
Of water cops and water fines

Chorus

Here’s something to compare it to
Like the English gardens out in Kew
The sunlight there doesn’t bake
Funny how it doesn’t grow
When you’ve only had a foot of snow
Put back the mower, you need a rake

Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home